Friday, January 30, 2004

What If?

I was talking to my Iranian friend the other day. We were mainly discussing the last couple of years during the Shah's regime, and the onset of demonstrations by people demanding his removal. My friend looked around and said, " If I knew back then what I know now, I would have shot and killed all those people. I would not have shown them any mercy. Look at Iran now compared to the 70's, things were definitely better".

Now that got me thinking, If I had the chance to go back in time and kill Saddam or change events by killing few people, would I do that? I'm a person who believes in non-violence, but then again is this act of single violence worth it or not?
Also, is killing Saddam an event that will change history to the better, or do you go even further and change events which you believe had an even greater effect on Iraq, which in turn produced and delivered Saddam?

The question still remains, will I be able to pull the trigger, and kill somebody, knowing what I know now back then, or just let things go as they were planned? I must admit, it is a very difficult question to answer, for me at least.

Anyway, have a nice weekend all, and see you next week.

LONG LIVE IRAQ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home